Monday, February 6, 2012

Let me introduce myself. My name is Valerie. And this is my first experience writing my very own blog. The reason I have started this is because I am currently a student at West Chester University and for one of my classes the professor assigned us all to write blogs.

I am very excited because I see this opportunity as a new adventure for me as a hopeful writer. I have never before written anything for the public to view.  Even though its a little scary to present your thoughts and ideas to anyone out there on the web, which could potentially set myself up for harsh criticism from others, I do hope that this blog will contribute to my growth as a writer.

I also hope that I will be able to learn from other bloggers out there. Reading what others have to say could open my mind to new ways of thinking and seeing the world.  And if I want to be a good writer, I have to take a look around me to what is happening and get acquainted with many different philosophies. I hope to embark on adventures and write about my experiences and in order to do this I will need to take a step forward.  This will be my first step.

So I hope the viewers of this blog will enjoy my thoughts, ideas, and overall observations on life. Just keep in mind that I am new to blogging community so bare with me if I stumble a bit.
I found this quote and hope that it will keep me motivated in both my writing and in life.



Get it down. Take chances. It may be bad, but it's the only way you can do anything really good.
- William Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment